Pneumatic valves operating in conjunction with advanced software deliver actual batch accuracy of (0.1%). The Maguire
MicroBlender™ includes the unique Micro-Pulse technology, which virtually eliminates the need for augers to achieve accuracy when dispensing minor ingredients. Micro-Pulse gives you the capability of dispensing as few as 2 or 3 pellets per pulse cycle.
Weight and Footprint
Totally pneumatic system eliminates motors which reduces the weight of the blender to 50 lb. (22.7 kg). The unit is just under 2 feet high and has a 6 in. x 6 in. footprint.
Material Supply Hoppers
Each of the removable bins contains a pneumatic quick disconnect for fast removal, cleaning, and replacement when changing colors of materials.
Removable Access Door
The weigh pan and mix chamber are easily accessed through a removable door. The mix chamber agitator is permanently attached to the door and uncouples from the drive mechanism when the door is removed. This unique safety feature renders the agitator inoperable when the machine is opened and eliminates the need for electrical interlocks.
Proprietary technology eliminates false load cell readings caused by machine shock or vibration. This greater accuracy is critical when the blender is mounted on a fast cycling molding machine.
The MicroBlender™ can be linked with the Maguire materials management software for expanded control and reporting capabilities. Blend certification, process verification and documentation for ISO 9000 initiatives are among the requirements met by this data acquisition software.
All components are blended by weight based on the setting shown on the master controller. Each component is dispensed separately into a single weighing chamber, and then all components are dropped into a continuous mixing chamber which delivers a homogenous blend.
The entire unit is designed to mount over the feed throat of the process machine. Maguire's unique weighing method allows blenders to operate correctly in spite of vibration or shaking caused by the molding machine or extruder.
All Materials Metered By Weight
- Accuracy is constantly monitored.
- Automatic compensation for varying densities.
- In actual operation, color and additive is held to within 1/10 of 1% of requested ratio.
- Every batch is followed by an error correction routine that continuously hunts toward perfect dispense weights.
Direct Setting of Percentages; No
- Enter settings for percentage of color, additive, and regrind on the thumbwheel switches and the system does the rest.
Very Simple Operation
- Load hoppers with material; REGRIND, NATURAL, COLOR, ADDITIVE.
- Set thumbwheel switches for percentage desired.
- Turn controller on.
- The unit now operates automatically, adding components in the proper percentages. If material runs out an alarm will sound.